Mass Consumerism



Ok, so the other day I followed my intuition and quit my soulless job of passing out samples at a massive warehouse marketplace.  This picture is what we are striving for in mass consumerism.  It just doesn't feel right.  I wanted to educate myself more on how mass consumerism all came about.  So what's the first thing I do? I check Amazon to see if I can find a discounted book on the subject.   Waaaait a minute....hold back....that's right I live in the beautiful town of Crescent Hill, where I am so fortunate to be able to walk down the street to my local library, coffee shop, church, restaurant, consignment shop, etc..  So instead of pushing a button on my screen, my son and I had a nice walk to the library, where he checked out some books for himself, and I now have the most amazing book, "The Story of Stuff" by, Annie Leonard.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bee Vegan

Woke up very early