Not Going to McDonalds; How Simple Choices Make a Big Difference


My Husband had taken the boys to his Sister's house for the night, so when I woke up in the morning my only decision was, what to have for breakfast.  We have a McDonalds about a mile away from our house.  We live in an interesting area because on the other side of our neighborhood, just down the street from us is a gourmet bakery, but this was Sunday, and they are reasonably not open. So my first thought was to get a cheap egg McMuffin, boom breakfast would be done, and no dirty dishes.  But after reading, "The Story of Stuff", I have become aware of our disposable nation.  Everything is made to be trashed.  So instead of getting in my car to drive to McDonalds, I picked up the dog leash and went for the most enjoyable walk with my pooch. While I was walking I realized if I just fry up an egg and toast some bread, I could have my own, much healthier, egg mcmuffin.  While I was making this delicious sandwich, a sense of peace and calm came over me.  I saved gas, not driving, I saved money not buying the sandwich, and I saved a little bit of the environment by not trashing all the paper products the crappy sandwich and drink comes in.

It made me think wow!  Simple decision make a huge difference.  Every day just being aware of your simple actions, so our environment can look like the photo above and not the photo below.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Woke up very early

Bee Vegan